Matilda Equipment has developed our own innovative safety package based on the MDG-15 specification in NSW. Our mine safety packages are fitted to all its machines before delivery.
Safety features include the following:
- Hand held fire extinguishers
- Fire suppression system
- Walkways and handrails
- Grab posts, push ammounted
- Cab and ground mounted emergency shut down
- Machine service centre
- HID and LED lighting
- Reversing camera
- Auto lube system
- Turbo shut down timer
Matilda Equipment's Company Statement on Corporate Safety Culture Commitment
Among our core values, we will include:
- Safety, health and the environment
- Ethical behaviour
- Valuing people
Our fundamental safety beliefs are:
- Safety is a core business and personal value.
- Safety is a source of our competitive advantage.
- We will strengthen our business by making safety excellence an integral part of all flight and ground activities.
- We believe that all accidents and incidents are preventable.
- All levels of line management are accountable for our safety performance, starting with the MD.
CORE ELEMENTS OF OUR SAFETY APPROACH
The four core elements of our safety approach include:
- Top Management Commitment.
- Safety excellence will be a component of our mission.
- Senior leaders will hold management and all employees accountable for safety performance.
- Senior leaders and management will demonstrate their continual commitment to safety.
Responsibility & Accountability of All Employees
- Safety performance will be an important part of our management/employee evaluation system.
- We will recognise and reward flight and ground safety performance.
- Before any work is done, we will make everyone aware of the safety rules and processes as well as their personal responsibility to observe them.
Communicated Expectations of Zero Incidents
- We will have a formal written safety goal, and we will ensure everyone understands and accepts that goal.
- We will have a communications and motivation system in place to keep our people focused on the safety goal.
Auditing & Measuring for Improvement
- Management will ensure regular safety audits are conducted and that everyone will participate in the process.
- We will focus our audits on the behaviour of people as well as on the conditions of the operating area.
- We will establish both leading and trailing performance indicators to help us evaluate our level of safety.
Responsibility of All Employees
- Each one of us will be expected to accept responsibility and accountability for our own behaviour.
- Each one of us will have an opportunity to participate in developing safety standards and procedures.
- We will openly communicate information about safety incidents and will share the lessons with others.
- Each of us will be concerned for the safety of others in our organisation.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE SAFETY PROCESS
- ALL levels of management will be clearly committed to safety.
- We will have clear employee safety metrics, with clear accountability.
- We will have open safety communications.
- We will involve everyone in the decision process.
- We will provide the necessary training to build and maintain meaningful ground and flight safety leadership skills.
The safety of our employees, customers and suppliers is our Company Strategic goal.